K. J. Gillenwater author of Suspense, Romance and Science Fiction
I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
– I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
– I am performing a contract with you for our services; and
– I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website kjgillenwater.com (the “Website”)
- Personal Data that you provide to me
- I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
-When you sign up to my newsletter list I collect your email address and first and last name
-When you sign to receive free content such as book downloads, news and offers
- Data that I collect automatically: I automatically collect certain information when you visit my Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. I do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of my website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences/may be of interest to you;
- improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
- I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out here: I share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to me. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom I share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
- I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
- This Website and my services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
- You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email [email@example.com] or via my mailing address:
– see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
– ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
– ask me to delete your Personal Data;
– object to the processing of your Personal Data;
– ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
– withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
– express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
- I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
- If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Contact Us
My full details are:
KJB Writing Services
Email for Privacy Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: KJB Writing Services, PO Box 3159, Cody, WY 82414